Tuesday 5 November 2013

Winter Spiced Butternut Squash Muffins!

As you may or may not have heard (the latter being a bit bloody unlikely!) I am currently on an elimination diet! I won't bore you with the details of what FODMAPs are or what I'm treating here because I do that ALL DAY LONG ON FACEBOOK. I have been challenging ground almonds in the form of a 'bread' type thing and have been loving it because a) It's not meat. b) It's been staying in! Yay! With the addition of ground almonds to my teeny tiny foods list I can make all sorts of weird concoctions! I have really missed baking and I have been craving sweet things! One of the veggies I'm allowed is Butternut Squash. I've been getting a bit sick and tired of it with meals because of it's sweetness. Well, it's this sweetness that I am exploiting now! In the form of my very own Winter Spiced Butternut Squash MUFFINS! Yay! I drew up the recipe for those that asked. It's practically bloody health food because it is Dairy Free, Gluten Free and Sugar Free! All the sweetness comes from the humble Squash and a little natural organic nut butter! (Sorry gang, no Sunpat allowed!) Feast on these!


I should mention that the cup I used for measurements was a quaint china tea cup :D 
I took one out to enjoy at a bonfire this evening and boy did it hit the sweet spot! :D Let me know if you make them! This is the first recipe I've ever thrown together and I've got a feeling it'll stick around for life :) 

yum!

No comments: